Vegan Stuffed Peppers
These peppers feature our Oregano White Balsamic Vinegar.
4 whole red bell peppers, cored and seeded (or yellow or green)
1/2 cup black beans
3 tbsp. Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
1 tbsp. Oregano White Balsamic Vinegar
½ tsp cumin (optional)
2 cups chopped mushrooms
1 chopped red onion
½ cup corn
1 cup wild rice
1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
For the Sauce:
1 cup plain tomato sauce
1 garlic clove minced
1 tsp hot chili flakes (optional)
3 tbsp. Herbs de Provence Olive Oil
- Simmer wild rice on medium-low heat with vegetable broth until rice is fully cooked. When cooked, stir and mix in the black beans, corn, diced red onion, mushrooms, cumin(optional), Oregano white balsamic and Tuscan Herb olive oil.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F/180C.
- In a separate pot prepare the sauce by adding the Herbs de Provence olive oil at medium heat, add minced garlic, tomato sauce and chili flakes(optional).
- Prepare bell peppers in the casserole dish, removing the tops of the peppers. Fill the peppers by adding the rice mixture to the peppers. Place tops of peppers back on. Add some of the sauce leaving some to smother the stuffed peppers once removed from the oven.
- Cover and bake in the oven for 55 minutes.
- Remove the lid of the casserole dish and cook the stuffed peppers until the tops of the peppers begin to blacken.( Can Broil however be careful not to burn the sauce).
- Smother the stuffed peppers in the thick tomato sauce.