3 tbsps. Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 large leeks, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
1 large celery stalk, sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 chile pepper, sliced
1 bunch of Swiss chard, cut into 1/2-inch ribbons
1 cup spinach (tightly packed)
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1 tbsp. ground cumin
Salt and pepper, to taste
3-4 large eggs
Parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Over medium heat, warm the premium extra virgin olive oil in a 9-inch cast iron skillet.
- Add the leeks and celery. Cook until leeks soften, approx. 5 minutes.
- Add in the minced garlic and sliced chile pepper, and sauté for another 3-5 minutes.
- Toss in the Swiss chard, spinach, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper
- Once the Swiss chard and spinach have wilted, scrape down the sides, patting the mixture down tightly.
- Carefully crack the eggs over the top, one at a time and spaced slightly apart, adding salt and pepper
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 7-10 mins. For those who like their eggs cooked more I suggest leaving the skillet in for approx. 15-20 mins.
Garnish with parsley (optional)