Fresh Garlic & Basil Pesto
3/4 cups pine nuts
3 cups chopped basil leaves
1 cup Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
4 garlic cloves
Sea Salt, to taste
- In a small, dry frying pan, toast the pine nuts over medium heat until they are golden and smell nutty (approximately 3-5 mins.). Remove from heat.
- Place the basil leaves in a food processor.
- Pour in a Tbsp. of Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil and pulse the basil into a paste.
- With the machine running, add the toasted pine nuts, then the parmesan cheese, and then the garlic.
- Add the additional Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil and continue to blend until smooth.
- Season with salt to taste.
Enjoy over pasta, on toast, or in rice!