Blood Orange Infused Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup of The Urban Vine’s Blood Orange Olive Oil
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 tsp. table salt
2 tsps. vanilla extract
1 large egg plus 1 large egg yolk
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees, ensuring the oven rack is in the middle.
- Whisk flour & baking soda together in a large bowl.
- Add sugars, salt, vanilla & blood orange olive oil, whisk until well combined.
- Add in the egg & yolk. Whisk until smooth, let stand for 3-4 mins. Repeat process until mixture is thick & smooth(no clumps).
- Stir in flour mixture until combined. Stir in chocolate chips, ensuring there are no flour pockets.
- Bake cookies 1 tray at a time until cookies are golden & still puffy approx. 12-15 mins.
- Transfer the baking sheet onto a wire rack, allowing cookies to cool.